The Ioniq's coming in 2 Variants. HEV and HEV Plus.
Introduction: HEV stands for Hybrid Electric Vehicle. It's FULL HYBRID powered by a Combination of Atkinson 1.6 Kappa GDI Engine with 105ps and 147Nm torque and 43.5ps and 170Nm Electric Motor (Dual Power source). Combined Output 141ps and 265Nm torque. It can run on Water cooled Inverter Motor (EV) up to 120km/h.
How the Hybrid Works: See diagram below:
Updated (6pm): Launch Photos: (Screengrabs from Paultan.org LiveStream.
1) FUN TO DRIVE yet Save Fuel:
It boast's 2 World's 1st in HEV Segment. Multi-link suspension and 6-speed DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission).
2) HOMEWORK DONE: By Studying Toyota Prius Hybrid as benchmark. Top Engine Thermal efficiency at 40% (25% Competitor) and EV motor powered by Compact Li-ion Polymer battery (like Tesla). (Ni-MH Competitor) Water Cooled HSG Inverter Motor (Air cooled Competitor). 488 VDA litres expandable to 750 litres after 60:40 Split fold rear seats. Boot space achieved by Placing the battery under the Rear Seat.
3) AERODYNAMICS: The Ioniq boasts Cd.0.24 thanks to:
- Active Aero 3 stage Front Grille Shutter
- Wheel Air curtain
- Flat Fiber Underbody Cover
- Aero 17" Sport Rims
- Rear Spoiler
- Sleek Fastback Profile.
4) WELL SPEC'CED:
- Dual Zone Air Cond with Unique "Driver Only" and IONIZER.
- QI Wireless Charging slot (HEV Plus only)
- Bi-Xenon LED Headlights and LED Tailights (HEV Plus Only)
- 7" Dual Boot OEM and Android OS with Papago NAVI and Reverse Camera (HEV+)
- Leather Seats with Blue stitching (HEV Plus only), OEM Fabric Seats for HEV Std.
5) ADVANCED SAFETY: This is achieved thanks to:
53.5% AHSS (Advance High Steel Strength) vs Prius 16%
- widely used at passenger compartment structure, minimize cabin deformation
- Hot Stamping on B-pillars (heat up to 900 deg Celsuis before stamping)
- Adhesive technology (eg. Aluminium + AHSS)
- 7 Airbags on BOTH Variants
- VSM - Vehicle Stability Management Across the Range
The following features are for HEV Plus only:
SCC (Smart Cruise Control) - Operates from 40km/h to 180km/h. Controls your Speed, Acceleration and Distance. (Below 2 slides were Screenshot from HSDM Training Slides)
LDWS and LKAS - Lane Departure Warning System and Lane Keeping Assist System.
Note the AEB Can detect Pedestrian too... Up to 70km/h or below 80km/h.
DIMENSIONS and SPECIFICATIONS:
There are 7 colours to choose from, What's your colour?
A) Rear C Pillar