Google Search

Google

Monday, April 15, 2013

NEW TOY: Panasonic Lumix TZ30/ZS20 Camera


On 8 April 2013, ie. Last week, I bought myself a NEW TOY.  It's no other than Panasonic Lumix TZ30 aka. ZS20 "Travel Zoom" Camera.  I bought it at Fotokem Mid Valley Megamall at RM970 with FREE Panasonic Gift set (more on that later), 8GB SDCARD, Case. 

As I'm typing this, I already Clocked 480 shots (in 7 days!).  Crazy right?



The reason why I bought this Camera's because I owned it's Great Grandfather, the Panasonic Lumix TZ7, bought back in 25 November 2009 for RM1330 back then.  


I'm proud to say that the Made in Japan Lumix TZ7's still alive and healthy.  Already clocked 16,800 SHOTS and Counting.  

Above and below: 2009 Panasonic Lumix TZ7.  Made in Japan with Leica Lens and CCD Sensor.

Original Battery still Working well.  So far I bought 5 batteries.  2 "No brand ones" already DIED but the Original Panasonic one still Healthy!

This's another reason why I bought this camera.  It uses the IDENTICAL Battery (BCG-10E) as my Panasonic Lumix TZ7.  Since I got 3 batteries.  I'm happy!


 The Gift set consists of the following items below:

Cleaning cloth, Lens Blower, SDCARD Reader, Screen Protector, Mini-tripod and Neck lanyard.  I was told that this set's worth RM120.

Other reasons why I bought this Camera Instead of waiting for LATEST Panasonic Lumix TZ40 which launched 2 days ago (Photo below):

1) The Lumix TZ-40 uses Another type of battery.  I cannot use back my TZ7 batteries (not backward compatible).
2) Just 5 extra features, Double LCD Screen Resolution, 18.1MP vs 14.1MP, 2x ISO Sensitivity at ISO 6400.  Wifi and NFC.  I don't need ALL of the Above.
3) It costs RM1,599 Recommended Retail price.  Ie. Almost double the TZ30!
4) Size and weight almost the same only The TZ40 only 7g lighter.
5) Slightly uglier design.
6) Both also 20x Optical Zoom with Extra Optical zoom up to 33.8x at 5 Megapixels mode.
7) Both also got GPS, Panorama Sweep, Full HD 1080 AVCHD Video with Stereo Zoom Mic!
8) Both also got Touch Screen LCD Screen. 

Without further ado, let's proceed to Photo Gallery of the Panasonic Lumix TZ30 followed by sample photos:





 End of Panasonic Lumix TZ30 gallery.

Start of Sample Photos:
 Above: Shot in Total Darkness.  Note the "Just Right" Flash mode.
 Above: Shot taken at Maximum 20x Optical Zoom.  Note the Clarity!
 Above: Again, note the clarity.
 Above: Panorama Mode.
 Above and below: Note the Image quality.



That's all folks, thanks for having the time and patience to read this blog entry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment